Solar Victoria have announced that they will be offering a pilot solar battery rebate in 2019-20.
Battery Pilot Program
The pilot battery rebate will be open to 1,000 eligible households from July 1st 2019, to test and identify demand and battery usage in Victoria. The rebate will offer up to $4,838 off a solar battery to compliment an existing solar panel system.
The pilot program will initially be available to specific postcodes. The postcodes have been selected by Solar Victoria who have chosen growth suburbs where at least 10% of homes have solar panels. The areas must also have an electricity grid that will cope from additional power.
You may be eligible to receive the battery rebate under the program if the property:
- owners have a combined taxable income of less than $180,000 a year.
- is an existing property valued at under $3 million.
- already has solar panels (PV) installed.
- sits within the nominated target growth area, as identified by Solar Victoria.
Applying for the Solar Battery Rebate
The application process is as follows:
- Seek a quote from an authorised solar retailer.
- The quote will be uploaded by the solar retailer to the online portal which will kick off the eligibility process.
- You will then need to upload proof of income, a Rates notice and further information regarding your solar system.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed your retailer will claim the rebate on your behalf and deduct this amount from the total cost of your battery.
- You then pay the outstanding balance to your provider.